In the present time, its too difficult to spend a life without smartphones, laptops, and tablets. So, it is not so easy to give a break to ourselves from the screen, and due to our daily routine of working on or entertaining ourselves through computers, we just cannot decrease our screen time. But it is very crucial to know that if we spend a lot of time in front of the blue light, it can seriously affect our cycle of sleeping. It can also cause straining of eyes, and even migraines as well.
But do not worry! Buying an anti-blue light glasses can reduce the negative effects of the screen’s blue light.
- Harmfulness of Blue Light:
When we have to wake up and when to sleep is decided by our circadian rhythm. Light plays a major rule in the regulation of this rhythm. When we are exposed to blue light, it mimics the sunlight, and then sends a message to brain which delays the melatonin (a hormone which makes us sleepy) production. Therefore, blue light is quite harmful for our wellbeing.
- How Blocking Glasses filter Blue Light?
When we work on any gadget while wearing the blue light blocking glasses, the glasses filters the blue light, so it does not reach our retina. Basically, a hurdle or a barrier can be created between our eyes and blue light with the help of blue light blocking glasses. These glasses aids with sleep, and also prevent headache and eyestrain.
- To what extent Blue Light Blocking Glasses are useful?
There is a debate in this case, Ophthalmologists believe that it is not possible that glasses save your eyes from the screen’s eyestrain. Because according to them, the eyestrain might not occur due to the blue light but due to the constant motion of your eyes on the screen because our eyes keep on moving on the frame when we work on a PC, laptop, or use our mobile phone. Whereas. episodic proof from clients recommends that blue light blocking glasses can be helpful in decreasing the cerebral pains, hazy vision, dry eyes, and additionally watery eyes. On the off chance that you need to go the entire day before a PC for work, it merits checking blue light blocking glasses out if you are facing issues like eye fatigue towards the day’s end.
- In UK how can you choose Blue Light Blocking Glasses?
Blue light at lower wavelengths provides too much damage to the eyes. Exposure of blue light from 450-480 nm is not bad. So just select the correct percentage of blockage of blue light according to the purpose you want to use it for.
- If the glasses are blocking 65-80% of blue light, then they are perfect.
- When the days are more limited and the light is less in general during winters, go for a lower percentage i.e., 55-65%.
- You can choose 80-100% percentage as well if you work on the gadgets at night.
- Blue light blocking glasses are usually less appealing and heavy in weight, so try to find slim metal or plastic frames.
- You will also have to consider the style of your nose bridge while finding blue light glasses if you do not want your glasses to slide down or pinch your nose.
- It is compulsory that the lens of your glasses completely covers your eyes, it should have an appropriate length and width according to your eyes size. The lens which fails to cover the eyes cannot protect them from blue light.
- You will have a choice in the color of lens also, such as clear, yellow, orange, and red. Choose the one which suits you the best because they have different percentages for shielding your eyes from blue light.
- You can also get the facility of magnification in blue light glasses, if you do not only want to block the blue light but also to read anything properly.
Blue filter glasses are really beneficial for you if you want to save your eyes from any kind of eye problem. Its true that decreasing your screen time is the best option in this case, but if it is not possible for you because you are doing a job or a business in which there is a lot of use of computers or if you are a student who must do his assignments and projects, or take online classes on your PC or laptop, then blue light blocking glasses are perfect and helpful. When you will buy them in UK according to the above-mentioned points, you will not face any disappointment and the glasses will work accurately.